Spray Chrome Comparison
If you want to have the ability to add a touch of chrome to any object, you may have heard about the versatility of a good spray chrome system. A spray chrome system that is good may be used on any size of part and be easy to set up so that you can get to work. It can be bewildering to determine which company to choose, however. In order to help you, we have compiled information about Spectra Chrome and PChrome for an easy-to-use spray chrome comparison of the two companies and their product lines.
About Spectra Chrome
Based in Florida, Spectra Chrome offers equipment and chrome spray systems in several sizes. The company’s products show good adhesion, and it offers a range of different color choices. Spectra Chrome’s technical support is limited, however, and customers will need to purchase equipment separately from their kits, lowering the ease of setting up and getting started. Orders are shipped within a week of being placed.
Spectra Chrome spray chrome systems
The size options for the systems offered by Spectra Chrome are limited with the smallest system available covering 500 square feet at a cost of $1,660. The largest size option covers $3,000 square feet at a cost of $7,989. The company sells equipment to apply the spray chrome packages separately.
- HV-T System
- HV System
- LI-T System
- LI System
Differences in Silver Solutions
The concentration of silver and the quality of raw materials used to manufacture the S solutions are critical. The formulation know-how and the tight manufacturing controls we bring with over 80 years of silver making history give our customers unprecedented quality and performance.
Equally important is the freshness of the solutions. Both the S and the R solutions have a relatively short shelf life. It is the nature of the chemistry that changes will occur as the product sits on the shelf. PChrome solutions are made daily and rarely sit in our warehouse for more than a few days.
Most of our competitors are buying their solutions in bulk from outside the US. PChrome comes to you a few days old while others are selling product that has sat in warehouses and ships often for months. Freshness counts when you are looking for brilliance.
PChrome Spray Chrome Kits
PChrome is based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and has been in business since 1932. The company has good size options available for its spray chrome systems, ranging from 25 square feet of coverage up to 400 square feet of coverage.
PChrome offers five different colors and is compatible with many tints that are available in the industry. It has excellent technical support via email, phone and video. Customers do not need to buy any separate equipment as the kits contain everything that you need.
Spectra Chrome VS PChrome Comparison Chart
- Brillancy is the intensity of the silver reflection and the clarity of the chrome like color
- Tech Support Line is the actual experience and expertize of the support person. PChrome calls are handled by the guys who make the product and have spent years spraying it.
- Integrated System, PChrome has designed the chemistry of all of its products and manufactures them all in Philadelphia. PChrome solutions are optimized to ideally match with their counterparts. PChrome does not mix and match components from multiple manufacturers
- Flexible Setup, PChrome does not sell spray tables or confine the user with unnecessary and difficult to maintain equipment. Just the solutions, a dual headed spray gun and PChrome is ready for use in any shop.
- Adhesion is the capability to survive the industry standard cross hatch tape test.
- Color Options is the compatibilty with industry standard tints and the availability of predefined colors for the top coat.
- Product Freshness is the time between manufacture and delivery. PChrome is made every day andvisvuseallybavfew days old when it ships. Many competitors do not manufacture their products so they import from Europe of China. Itvsitsvin theirvwarehouse for months before shipping.
- Ease of Ordering, online with clear grouping of products to quickly order refills
- Speed of Delivery. Morning orders ship that day. Late afternoon orders ship the next day
- Size Options. PChrome manufactures every thing it sells. Orders are filled as they come in. We have small 2-4 oz sizes and multiple gallon sizes to fit the needs ofcsmall and large users.
- Pricing is based on cost per square foot of coverage. PChrome offers one of the lower but not the lowest cost pervsquare foot.
Order Your Kit Today!
We hope that you have found this spray chrome comparison between Spectra Chrome and PChrome to be helpful. If you have any questions or to place your order, contact us today.