Spray Chrome Comparison
If you are like most people, you probably love the brilliance that chrome has to offer. You may be savvy enough to know that spray chrome can give your projects the same luster as is offered by traditional chrome plating. If you are trying to decide whether to choose the spray on chrome offered by Angel Gilding or PChrome, we have compiled information to make the spray chrome comparison between the two companies easier.
About Angel Gilding
Based in Chicago, Angel Gilding is a chroming business that offers a variety of spray on chrome kits and products via its online platform. The company sells chrome spray kits and paints that people can use to mirror surfaces.
Angel Gilding spray chrome kits products
Angel Gilding offers several different products and kits in its line. It offers a basic and a master kit, each providing different coverage levels. Angel Gilding also sells a clear uni-coat kit separately as well as other individual items that are contained in the larger kits. It also sells five different tints that can be used with the clear uni-coat. The company sells a silvering gun kit that is included with the master kit or can be purchased separately. The company offers good support via phone, video and email and offers a flexible set-up process. However, testing has shown that its products do not have good adhesion, meaning that the chrome spray is unlikely to last.
- Basic Spray Chrome Kit
- Master Spray Chrome Kit
Our Dr. Peacock, the founder of Peacock Laboratories, returned to Philadelphia from World War I. He quickly became the nation’s leading expert on silver solutions for mirror making. Over the decades, Peacock Laboratories has continuously manufactured our silver solutions in the original facilities established by Dr. Peacock in 1932.
PChrome is a product of our long history of silver chemistry and spray technology. PChrome S and its matching PChrome R are one of many specialized silvering solutions that we have developed to meet the unique needs of our varied customers. The speed and efficiency of PChrome S is a direct result of over 8 decades of silver manufacturing expertise that is unmatched in the industry. The speed of PChrome S gives our customers a competitive edge in their business.
PChrome Spray Chrome Kits
PChrome comes in various sizes of its products, including ounces, pints, quarts and gallons. We offer an artist’s starter kit and a professional starter kit. The company also sells refills, and its proprietary dual-nozzled spray gun is included in the professional kits. PChrome has technical support available via email, telephone and video. We also have a flexible set-up process and doesn’t require you to purchase expensive equipment separately.
PChrome offers five different tints and is compatible with commonly available tints on the market. Unlike Angel Gilding, PChrome has been shown in cross-hatch tests to have excellent adhesion, making it far more durable.
Angel Gilding VS PChrome Comparison Chart
- Brillancy is the intensity of the silver reflection and the clarity of the chrome like color
- Tech Support Line is the actual experience and expertize of the support person. PChrome calls are handled by the guys who make the product and have spent years spraying it.
- Integrated System, PChrome has designed the chemistry of all of its products and manufactures them all in Philadelphia. PChrome solutions are optimized to ideally match with their counterparts. PChrome does not mix and match components from multiple manufacturers
- Flexible Setup, PChrome does not sell spray tables or confine the user with unnecessary and difficult to maintain equipment. Just the solutions, a dual headed spray gun and PChrome is ready for use in any shop.
- Adhesion is the capability to survive the industry standard cross hatch tape test.
- Color Options is the compatibilty with industry standard tints and the availability of predefined colors for the top coat.
- Product Freshness is the time between manufacture and delivery. PChrome is made every day andvisvuseallybavfew days old when it ships. Many competitors do not manufacture their products so they import from Europe of China. Itvsitsvin theirvwarehouse for months before shipping.
- Ease of Ordering, online with clear grouping of products to quickly order refills
- Speed of Delivery. Morning orders ship that day. Late afternoon orders ship the next day
- Size Options. PChrome manufactures every thing it sells. Orders are filled as they come in. We have small 2-4 oz sizes and multiple gallon sizes to fit the needs ofcsmall and large users.
- Pricing is based on cost per square foot of coverage. PChrome offers one of the lower but not the lowest cost pervsquare foot.
Order Your Kit Today!
If you have determined that you would like to learn more about PChrome after reading this spray chrome comparison, we invite you to contact us today. Our team would be happy to offer you a quote or to answer any questions.